All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndispensable to the Western observer for a full understanding of the complexities of the conflicts in the Middle East, this study analyzes and documents the historical, social, and spiritual realities of the dhimmi peoples_ the n-Arab and n-Muslim communities subjected to Muslim domination after the conquest of their territories by Arabs.
- Author BiographyBat Yeor, born in Cairo, became a stateless refugee in 1957 and a British citizen in 1959. Her first book, The Jews of Egypt (French/1971; Hebrew 1974) was followed by Le Dhimmi(1980), widely acclaimed when the English edition appeared in 1985 (Hebrew/1986Z; Russian/1991). It remains an essential introduction to her second major work, The Decline of Eastern Christianity under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude (1996; German/2002). The French edition (1991) established the authors reputation as an innovative thinker in a new field of research, which has now been greatly enhanced by her third study, Islam and Dhimmitude: Where Civilization Collide (2002). All of her books are regularly reprinted.
- Author(s)Ye'Or Bat
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1985
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byDavid Maisel
- Foreword byJacques Ellul
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $44.85Trending at AU $48.47
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.22
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.99
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $25.86
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.