The Diabetes-Friendly Kitchen: 125 Recipes for Creating Healthy Meals by The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.84+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA delectable collection of delicious diabetes-friendly recipes from the experts at The Culinary Institute of America While most diabetes cookbooks are just collections of basic and boring recipes that merely get the job done, this new cookbook takes cooking for diabetes to new and delicious heights. With high-quality, wholesome ingredients and chef-inspired cooking techniques, these satisfying recipes meet the needs of diabetics without giving up flavor or fun. Though managing blood glucose levels requires giving up some ingredients, even the most discerning foodie will love these delicious recipes. Written by the CIA's top nutrition and diabetes expert, the book offers more than just recipes--it also features nutritional guidelines, healthy cooking techniques, and smart lifestyle choices. Features 125 recipes, including appetizers, sides, soups, salads, entrees, breads, and desserts Written by Jennifer Stack, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator, with recipes that live up to the standard of excellence for which the CIA is kwn Includes full nutritional information for all recipes, giving home cooks all the facts they need for meal planning and glucose control For too long, people with diabetes or pre-diabetes have had to give up some of their favorite foods and flavors for meals that meet their dietary needs. With this fantastic resource from the CIA, they'll never suffer dull meals again.
- Author BiographyJennifer Stack, MS, RD, CDE, is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, and professionally trained chef. A guiding voice for foodies with diabetes and pre-diabetes, she is currently an Associate Professor at The Culinary Institute of America, where she teaches nutrition and food safety to future chefs. Stack graduated from the CIA with honors in 2003 and was the recipient of The Young Professional's Medal of Merit of the Academie Brillat-Savarin. Prior to culinary school, she practiced as a registered dietitian in New York City for fifteen years, providing nutrition counseling for diabetes, eating disorders, obesity, and heart disease. Her training includes a master of science degree in nutrition from New York University, and she has worked as part of diabetes treatment teams and was the nutritionist for the Cardiac Wellness Program at the NYU Medical Center. Stack is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Diabetes Care and Education practice group and the Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group, and is also a member of the American Association of Diabetes Educators. As a recognized authority on food and nutrition, she has appeared on ABC's Good Morning America, CNN, MTV, and the Food Network, in addition to other local news and radio stations. She has also written for the magazines Cooking Light and Woman's Day. Founded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America is an independent, not-for-profit college offering bachelor's and associate degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry arts, as well as certificate programs in Latin cuisines and wine and beverage studies. A network of more than 44,000 alumni has helped the CIA earn its reputation as the world's premier culinary college. The CIA, which also offers courses for professionals and food enthusiasts, as well as consulting services for the foodservice and hospitality industry, has campuses in Hyde Park, New York; St. Helena, California; San Antonio, Texas; and Singapore.
- Author(s)The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/09/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1168 g
- Width212 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.46Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.