All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the more than twenty million Americans who have diabetes, decadent desserts and other sweet luxuries are longer off limits. Using a number of substitution techniques to lower the carbohydrate and calorie counts in her recipes, pastry chef and diabetic Stacey Harris has transformed more than two hundred desserts into delicious, diabetic-friendly delights. Now diabetics can enjoy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, Chocolate Truffle Cookies, Lemon Meringue Cake, Blueberry Tartlets, Potato Chip Cookies, Cream Cheese Cupcakes, Coffee Bread Pudding, Strawberry Panna Cotta, and hundreds of other formerly forbidden treats. By using blended flours, such as almond, oat, and soy flours; a combination of sugar and sugar substitutes including agave nectar and Splenda(R); reduced milk carbohydrates; and trans fats, every diabetic and home baker will be able to enjoy these high-flavor, low-carb indulgences. Organized by type of dishbreakfast and brunch, sourdough and starters, tea and yeast breads, cakes and tortes, cookies and bars, pies and tarts, and puddingsthis substantial cookbook also includes information on diabetes and teaches readers the basics of recipe modification. A full chapter describing store-bought and homemade flour options, followed by a thorough discussion of the basics of sugar and sugar substitutes, will prove invaluable to any baker. Carbohydrate and calorie counts accompany each recipe for easy reference, and a net carb counter tops off this exceptional guide to creating irresistible low-carb and low-calorie desserts.
- Author BiographyA caterer specializing in pastries, Stacey Harris was training to become a pastry chef at the Bidwell Culinary School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when she was diagnosed with diabetes. Rather than abandon her pursuits, she began to experiment with dessert recipes to make them more diabetic friendly. A member of the American Diabetes Association, Harris lives in Pittsburgh with her husband.
- Author(s)Stacey Harris
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/11/2009
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $32.86
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.49
- AU $16.06Trending at AU $20.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.