All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn assemblage of affectionately written tes and photographs, Story of Laura, the original diary, chronicles the journey of one child's first months in an infant-toddler program in Reggio Emilia, Italy. It details the progression of eleven-month-old Laura's growth and milestones in the program and offers a unique perspective on her early child care experience. Beautifully presented, The Diary of Laura includes a reproduction of the Italian diary, first published in 1983, next to the new English translation. Many of you will recognize the last entry--Laura's table discoveries about a watch. One of the few Reggio Emilia books focused on the infant and toddler years, the diary is a powerful tool for early childhood students and professionals. This account of Reggio-based care is an insightful model for observation and reflection.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Edwards is a professor of psychology and child, youth, and family studies at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She has a doctorate in human development from Harvard University and has done postdoctoral work in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Carlina Rinaldi is President of Reggio Children and Professor of Pedagogy at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. She worked side by side with Loris Malaguzzi in the municipal infant-toddler and preschool system of Reggio Emilia, where she was the first pedagogical coordinator.
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCarlina Rinaldi,Carolyn Edwards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.