All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionRecognizing the value of concise writing, this quick reference enables writers to conquer verbiage, strike pointless words and phrases, and elevate e-mails, essays, memoranda, personal letters, press releases, and speeches to a new level of clarity. Lists of delete-worthy words are provided, enabling any writer to avoid them in advance and prevent their prose from becoming clumsy, amateurish, and unclear. Lean techniques are offered that can be directly applied to nfiction, journalistic copy, screenwriting, and many other disciplines. Highly instructive yet easy to follow, this is a direct and immediately accessible how-to that illustrates the importance of pruning each sentence before the final draft.
- Author BiographyDave Dowling spent over thirty years as a technical writer, editor, and instructor. He is also the author of The Wrong Word Dictionary, Steve Reeves - His Legacy in Films, and Images of Steve Reeves. Dave holds an MS from the University at Albany, NY and a BA from the State University College at Potsdam, NY. He currently lives in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Author(s)Dave Dowling
- PublisherMarion Street Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationOak Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarion Street Press Inc.
- Out-of-print date14/07/2014
- Content Note32 b/w illus
- Weight231 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.