All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis bedtime story about bedtime stories shows how a lively, curious boy helps one of his moms create a magical tale. Together they weave a nighttime adventures that lands young Noah and his singing cat Diva deep in dragon territory. Join them as they make an unexpected discovery and help a new friend find his way.Also available in Spanish, El dragon diferente . When 7th grader Alba Clark expressed an interest in translation, her Spanish teacher Pamela Torres handed her a copy of The Different Dragon. This passionate teacher and her motivated student worked closely together, delving into the essence of language and searching for words to hor the intention of the original story. Because of their efforts Two Lives Publishing is proud to bring you El dragon diferente.Author's Note: I wrote The Different Dragon more than ten years ago, when I longed to read my children bedtime stories that mirrored the reality of our playful, average two-mom family. At the time I was also beginning my work as a PreK-12 consultant, helping schools address issues of gender and sexuality. Early Elementary teachers use The Different Dragon to teach students about the joy of telling stories, the value of being true to oneself, and the problem with stereotypes--- even of dragons. The Gay Lesbian Straight Educators Network (GLSEN) created a PreK-3rd grade lesson featuring Dragon that explores different kinds of families.
- Author BiographyIn 1983 Jennifer Bryan started her long career as an educator by becoming a high school English teacher. As a psychologist and educational consultant for the past 30 years, she has worked to create inclusive classrooms, curriculum and programs in PreK-12 schools. She lives in Northampton, MA with her partner and two teenage children. To learn more about her work as founder and principal of Team Finch Consultants, please visit www.teamfinchconsultants.com.
- Author(s)Jennifer Bryan
- PublisherTwo Lives Publishing
- Date of Publication18/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwo Lives Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Danamarle Hosler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.