All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn the world of techlogy, there are just two kinds of people: digital natives and digital immigrants. Digital natives are those born after the advent of the internet. They are comfortable with swift techlogical change and take the presence of techlogy in their lives almost completely for granted. They have digital DNA flowing through their bodies. On the other hand, digital immigrants are those born before the advent of the internet. Their comfort level with our techlogy-soaked world is more variable. But they are affected by the digital invasion just as much as their native children. With the latest research supporting them, Dr. Archibald Hart and Dr. Sylvia Hart Frejd uncover both the subtle and the dramatic ways digital techlogy is changing us from within, focusing their expose on the impact on the spiritual life of individuals. Through insights from neuroscience and psychology, they offer readers therapeutic and biblical strategies for handling the digital invasion in order to become good stewards of their digital lives. Parents, educators, students, counselors, and pastors will especially appreciate this cultural wake-up call.
- Author BiographyDr. Archibald Hart is the author of nearly thirty books and is senior professor of psychology at Fuller Theological Seminary. He is known for his ministry to churches through psychological training, education, and consultation. He is also president of the International Network for Christian Counselling. In 2011, Dr. Hart received prestigious honours for his outstanding influence and leadership in the development and advancement of Christian counselling around the world. Dr. Sylvia Hart Frejd is the daughter of Archibald Hart. She has a master's degree specialising in Christian counselling and an earned doctorate of ministry in leadership specialising in spiritual formation. Dr. Frejd has been working as a digital researcher and has published articles on the subject for Christian Counseling Today and for various blogs. She has also given presentations on the topic and has developed The Digital Invasion resource website. She is a Flourish in Life and Relationships Coach and coach trainer and speaks at women's conferences and retreats around the world.
- Author(s)Archibald D. Hart,Sylvia Hart Frejd
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.