The Digital Zone System: Taking Control from Capture to Print by Robert Fisher (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $54.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is an ongoing debate among photographers whether digital photography processes will ever be able to reach the pinnacle of image quality and tonality achieved by Ansel Adams decades ago. The Digital Zone System (DZS) is an invative methodology for editing digital images that mimics the Zone System created by Adams. With this book, author Robert Fisher presents a practical guide for editing digital images with a level of control previously unattainable without significant manual work. He walks the reader through the background of Adam's original Zone System and points out similarities to current digital processes including Expose to the Right (ETTR) and high dynamic range imaging (HDRI). Learn to use luminance masks to separate an image into one-stop zones of brightness, similar to the zones in Adams's Zone System, that can be worked on individually or in groups. This makes the DZS a powerful tool for converting color images to black and white. You will also gain tremendous control over how color is adjusted in your images by learning to isolate and adjust color in specific targeted areas. These DZS processes are quicker and simpler than the tedious work of using global adjustments and painting in layer masks to isolate the effects of an adjustment layer. In this book, you will learn how to use the Digital Zone System for editing color images, converting images to black and white, and tone mapping HDR images. Also included are brief discussions of color management, setting up Photoshop, printing, and exposure for digital images. The book is richly illustrated with step-by-step screenshots and stunning example images that show the benefits of the Digital Zone System over commonly used digital editing methods. Once mastered, the DZS will allow you to produce a higher level of quality in your images, at a faster pace and with greater ease than ever before.
- Author BiographyRobert Fisher is a commercial and fine art photographer and freelance writer based just outside of Toronto, Canada. His love of photography began nearly 15 years ago when he was first exposed to the impressionistic style of photography. This style captivated his imagination and served as the red pill for his journey into the photographic rabbit hole. Robert holds an honors Bachelor of Administration degree from Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, and his photographic knowledge has been gained through trial and error, asking questions, and informally studying photography and photographic techniques. Robert has held several solo and group shows and his work has been exhibited in a number of local galleries. He has traveled as far as the Czech Republic to cover events and has drawn upon his education in business to publish several articles in finance industry publications. Outside of photography, Robert is an enthusiastic and experimental amateur chef, gardener, player of really bad guitar, and owner of two adopted dogs he affectionately refers to as The Idiots.
- Author(s)Robert Fisher
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width205 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.