Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelected by NPR's Maureen Corrigan as her favorite mystery of 2013 and one of the top ten mysteries of the year by The Wall Street Journal 's Tom Nolan, S.J. Gazan's debut vel The Disaur Feather is a classic of Scandinavian ir. With keenly observed and deeply flawed characters, this scintillating thriller uniquely employs one of the most controversial and fascinating areas of contemporary disaur and avian research in its diabolical twists. The Disaur Feather has been published in more than a dozen countries and won the Danish Crime Novel of the Decade Award. The Financial Times called it a top-flight thriller--smart and outrageously entertaining. Biology postgraduate, PhD hopeful, and single mom Anna Bella Nor is just two weeks away from defending her thesis on the saurian origin of birds when her academic supervisor, the highly respected yet widely despised Dr. Lars Helland, is found dead in his office chair at the University of Copenhagen. The police discover a copy of Anna's thesis in the dead man's bloody lap. When the autopsy suggests that Helland was murdered in a fiendishly ingenious way, brilliant but tormented young Police Superintendent Soren Marhauge begins the daunting task of unraveling the ktted skeins of interpersonal and intellectual intrigue among the scientists at the university. Everyone involved with the investigation--from Anna Bella Nor to Helland's numerous rivals to Marhauge's own ex-wife, who is pregnant with her current husband's child--has something to hide, complicating the investigation and presenting the detective with the greatest professional and personal challenge of his career.
- Author BiographyAUTHORS.J. Gazan graduated from the University of Copenhagen with a degree in biology. Her debut work of crime fiction, The Dinosaur Feather, was awarded the 2008 Denmark Radio Literature Prize for Best Novel of the Year and went on to become a national bestseller. The Danish Broadcasting Corporation voted The Dinosaur Feather the Crime Novel of the Decade, and in January 2013, it was awarded the Literature Prize of the Ambassadors of the French-Speaking Countries. It has been sold into more than a dozen countries. Gazan lives in Berlin with her husband and two children. Follow S.J. at https: //www.facebook.com/sjgazan TRANSLATORCharlotte Barslund is a Danish translator of novels and plays. She has translated works by Karin Fossum, Per Petterson, Carsten Jensen, Thomas Enger, Mikkel Birkegaard, and many more. Jacket design
- Author(s)S J Gazan
- PublisherQuercus NA
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus NA
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byCharlotte Barslund
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.