All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Director as Collaborator teaches essential directing skills while emphasizing how directors and theatre productions benefit from collaboration. Good collaboration occurs when the director shares responsibility for the artistic creation with the entire production, including actors, designers, stage managers and technical staff. Leadership does t preclude collaboration; in theatre, these concepts can and should be complementary. Students will develop their abilities by directing short scenes and plays and by participating in group exercises.
- Author BiographyA theater director, writer, and scholar, Robert Knopf is the author of two books, The Theater and Cinema of Buster Keaton (Princeton) and The Director as Collaborator (Focal Press). For Yale University Press, he edited Theater and Film and co-edited two critical anthologies of avant-garde plays and essays. He has directed plays at Circle-in-the-Square Downtown, Cherry Lane Studio, Paradise Factory, Circle Rep Lab, and New York's historic Town Hall, as well as for NPR Playhouse. He teaches acting, directing, and script analysis at University at Buffalo/SUNY, where he is a full professor.
- Author(s)Robert Knopf
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Out-of-print date28/01/2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.