The Disappearance of Telecommunications by Robert Saracco, Jeff Harrow, Robert Weihmayer (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere is the Information Society headed? Improve your understanding of the promises and challenges that await our high--tech world with this provocative look at the future of telecommunications techlogy soundly based on todaya s current applications and research. This translation of the bestselling Italian edition offers stimulating insights into the new directions of the coming decade. With clear explanations devoid of technical jargon, this fascinating and informative book shows you how telecommunications will become seamlessly integrated in an increasing number of everyday products and services. You will learn how these advances will create a world without space and time barriers, populated by intelligent objects. To keep pace with the constantly changing face of techlogy, Web addresses for the latest technical developments are referenced throughout the book. Plus, a dedicated Web site for THE DISAPPEARANCE OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS provides timely updates. Youa ll also find useful introductory explanations of* New concepts in telecommunications networks* Voice, data, and video integration* Advances in digital text processing* Electronic commerce* Robots, agents, and avatars For anyone curious about how the evolution of techlogy, services, and culture will shape the future, this enthralling book is a must. For excerpts of the book, a peek at the future, a look at the Italian version, and more, go to www.ieee.org/organizations/pubs/press/authors/saracco/index.htm Sponsored by: IEEE Communications Society
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors... Roberto Saracco is director of marketing and communications at CSELT, the research lab of the Telecom Italia Group. Mr. Saracco has chaired the European Visionary Research Group on the Super Intelligent Network, which designed goals for research beyond the year 2000. He also chaired the CNOM and EntNtet Technical Committee for the IEEE Communications Society, and since 1998 has served as the Societya s secretary of the Technical Affairs Council. Jeffrey R. Harrow is a senior consulting engineer for Compaqa s Technology and Corporate Development Organization. Mr. Harrow writes a weekly technology journal, The Rapidly Changing Face of Computing, which is available on the Web at www.compaq.com/rcfoc, and which explores the innovations and trends of contemporary computing and the technologies that drive them. He also shares seminars on the subject with audiences worldwide. Robert Weihmayer is director of Information Technology for Enterprise Systems at GTE Internetworking in Cambridge, MA. Mr. Weihmayer is the author of over 20 technical papers in the area of combinatorial optimization and artificial intelligence applied to telecommunications network design, planning, and management. Currently, he is cochair of the Technical Program Committee for NOMS 2000, the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- Author(s)Jeff Harrow,Robert Saracco,Robert Weihmayer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width192 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byNicholas Negropont
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.