All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver thirty years after Maurice Blanchot writes The Unavowable Community (1983)GCoa book that offered a critical response to an early essay by Jean-Luc Nancy on GCGBPthe iperative communityGC[yen]GCoNancy responds in turn with The Disavowed Community. Stemming from Jean-Christophe BaillyGCOs initial proposal to think community in terms of GCGBPnumberGC[yen] or the GCGBPnumerous,GC[yen] and unfolding as a close reading of BlanchotGCOs text, NancyGCOs new book addresses a range of themes and motifs that mark both his proximity to and distance from BlanchotGCOs thinking, from BatailleGCOs GCGBPcommunity of loversGC[yen] to the relation between community, communitarianism, and being-in-common; to Marguerite Duras, to the Eucharist. A key rethinking of politics and the political, this exchange opens up a new understanding of community played out as a question of avowal.
- Author BiographyJean-Luc Nancy is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the Universite Marc Bloch, Strasbourg, as well as a respected commentator on art and culture. His wide-ranging thought is developed in books including Listening; Dis-Enclosure: The Deconstruction of Christianity; Noli me Tangere: On the Raising of the Body; Corpus; and Corpus II: Writings on Sexuality, all published by Fordham University Press. Philip Armstrong is Associate Professor in the Department of Comparative Studies at The Ohio State University.
- Author(s)Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Jean-Luc Nancy
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- Series TitleCommonalities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.