All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Discipling Church is a practical application disciple-making guide that defines and clarifies how every Christian can become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. This text was prepared primarily for church leaders, but has been written in such a way so that it may equip every Christian and every Christ seeker. Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ (Dietrich Bonhoeffer). The Lord Jesus Christ is the very cornerstone of our faith. From the truth found in God's Word, we have purposefully embedded within the pages of this book the essential elements necessary to carry on the Great Commission of Jesus Christ - namely, to Make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19, NIV)? We believe in the fact that the world and everything in it has been made by Him, for Him, through Him, and in Him. We take His words, His teachings, His attitudes and His commands as being that of the one true God of the universe - with thing missing and thing broken. Evangelism is that work of bringing people face to face with their need for and experiencing a new birth experience in Christ. Salvation, in its most narrow understanding, is a moment-in-time experience by a person of the new birth or conversion to Jesus Christ. At this point in time, the believer receives new life and is born again and experiences what the Bible calls, redemption, reconciliation, and justification. God immediately and suddenly brings transformation into his or her life. However, the reality of discipleship is the growth of that new life which comes after the moment of salvation. Discipleship is a lifelong process of applying the gospel and the truth of the Word of God into the believer's life, with the ultimate objective of becoming and being Christ-like every day. As you make your way through the Table of Contents, you will quickly discover that The Discipling Church is divided into two practical primary sections. Section One: A practical paramic overview relative to the fundamental precepts of what discipleship is combined with why and how we, as Christians, must go and make disciples. This section was researched, developed, and written for those who are in church leadership, those who are the church (the Body of Christ), and those who are still Christ seekers. Section Two: An inspired collection of useful and timely discipleship tools, resources, and solutions. Upon reaching the completion of this book you will be equipped and have the necessary essentials to go forward with Jesus' Great Commission: to make disciples. All misconceptions, confusions, rationalizations, and objections will have been addressed leaving you, the reader and learner, with one all-important, eternal question: Will you obey? Prayerfully consider your answer for it has eternal ramifications.
- Author BiographyMichael Duncan is a Christian author and pastor and has served the Lord and the church for nearly 25 years preaching and teaching God's Word. He has shared God's message across the U.S. and beyond and is currently the senior pastor of his church and a co-host on the Alive In Christ Radio Network. He is also on the executive board of the Northwest Baptist Convention and a board member of the Northwest Christian Writer's Association Dr. Jeff Klick is a husband, father, grandfather, pastor, and author that has been serving the Church for over 30 years. Dr. Klick has devoted his life to helping the family be restored to health and then to be released into ministry. He serves as the senior pastor at the church he planted in 1993, and has been blessed to share his family-centric church vision with pastors in China, Nicaragua, and in the United States. Tony Marino is a husband and father and is the Founder of Christian Discipleship Ministries International, Christian Times Online, and Trinity Web Works. He is the Founder and Executive Producer of the Alive In Christ Radio Network. Tony proudly and honorably served in the U.S. Navy and is a Summa Cum Laude graduate from Colorado Technical University and an inductee into the Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management, and Administration. He has actively and passionately served the body of Christ for over 15 years as a worldwide evangelist, teacher, discipler, author, Christian music artist, international business and marketing consultant, and as an international Christian radio program host and producer. Brian Whiteside has served the Lord and the church as a pastor, teacher, and conference speaker for the past 28 years preaching and teaching God's Word to all ages. He has written numerous articles for Christian publications. He has been very active in AWANA ministries serving as a commander, pastor, and missionary advisory board member. He is currently a co-host on the Alive In Christ Radio Network.
- Author(s)Christian Discipleship Ministries Intern,Dr Jeffrey A Klick,Michael E Duncan
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.