Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic text explores the lives and ideas of the social thinkers who have shaped and continue to forge traditions in sociology. Focusing on the great names in the field, it weaves biographical and conceptual details into a tapestry of the history of social thought of the 19th and 20th centuries. Written in a narrative style that is accessible and exciting, this text serves as an excellent supplement for courses in social and sociological theory, the history of social thought, the history of sociology, and introduction to sociology.
- Author BiographyRandall Collins is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Riverside. He earned his A.B. at Harvard in 1963, his M.A. at Stanford in 1964, and received his Ph.D. at University of California, Berkley in 1969. He is the author of numerous books and articles, such as Conflict Sociology: Toward an Explanatory Science, The Credential Society, Three Sociological Traditions, Weberian Sociological Theory, and Theoretical Sociology. Many of his works are of international interest, and have been translated into Italian, Duthc, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Rumanian, German, and Arabic. Michael Makowsky is organizational consultant to Musart Company. He earned his B.A from New York University's Washington Square College in 1962, and received his M.A. in Sociology from the University of California at Berkley in 1967. Over the last 30 years, he has taught at his alma mater, the University of California at Berkeley, as well as the University of California at Davis, Chabot College, College of San Mateo, Goddard College, the California Institute of Integral Studies, and the Cultural Integration Fellowship. He is the author of numerous articles in contemporary journals, such as Minstrel of Love: A Biography of Satguru Sant Keshavadas, Breath of the Eternal: The Way of Self-Knowledge: The Concept of Atman in Four Upanishads. He is the president of his own company, Deal Glamour Media and Education Productions and is a member of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee of Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Michael Makowsky,Randall Collins
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.