All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revealing book examines how First Nations and Native Peoples have been displaced in the United States and Canada through treaties, empty promises, and military force. Through close examination of primary source images, documents, and first-hand accounts, readers will gain an understanding of how thousands were displaced and cultures threatened. Topics covered include government relations and policies, such as the Potlatch Law and the Dawes Act, as well as the creation of residential schools and other acts of forced assimilation. Native and n-Native viewpoints are addressed to help readers develop critical thinking skills and get a sense of the attitudes and opinions of the time. A look at relations today sheds light on the lasting repercussions.
- Author(s)Lynn Peppas
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,US
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleUncovering the Past: Analyzing Primary Sources
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.