All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere in their own words are the stories of the desterrados, or dispossessed' - the thousands of Colombians displaced by years of war and state-backed terrorism, funded in part through US aid to the Colombian government. These gripping stories show the human face of those who suffer the effects of the US 'Plan Colombia' and of a state that serves the interests of welathy landlords instead of the poor.'
- Author BiographyMolano is a columnist for the newspaper El Espectador in Colombia. He is currently in exile in Spain, and is also a visiting scholar at Stanford University. Aviva Chomsky is Professor of History and Coordinator of Latin American Studies at Salem State College. She is co-editor of The Cuba Reader (Duke). Lance Selfa is an editor of and contributor to International Socialist Review. He edited The Struggle for Palestine (Haymarket, 2002). He lives in Chicago. Daniel Bland is a human rights researcher and filmmaker, based in Canada, who has written widely on human rights abuses in Colombia.
- Author(s)Alfredo Molano
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication04/03/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight302 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.