All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Divide, Matt Taibbi - the scourge of America's financial plutocrats - takes on his most important story yet. Written with forensic zeal and righteous rage, this is an exploration of an unprecedented wealth gap that is t just changing the US's ecomic life, but transforming the meaning of rights, justice, and basic citizenship. The wealthy 1 per cent operate with near impunity, protected by their class, their peers, and their system; however large and outrageous their crimes, they are hardly ever charged and rarely jailed. Meanwhile, everyone else finds their daily existence the subject of massive law-enforcement attention - from stop-and-frisk programs and the immigrant dragnet, to invasive surveillance and the abuse of debtors. Driven by immersive reporting, this is a stunning, enraging revelation of the newest high-stakes divide in the US: between a lawless aristocracy of hyperwealth and everyone else, living under the shadow of an incipient American police state.
- Author BiographyMatt Taibbi is a reporter for First Look Media. He has been a contributing editor for Rolling Stone, and is the author of five previous books, including the New York Times bestsellers The Great Derangement and Griftopia. He lives in New Jersey.
- PrizesShortlisted for Los Angeles Times Book Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Matt Taibbi
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight600 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.