All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Divine Art of Dying looks at the unique moment when a person turns toward death and examines what the dying person and their caregivers can expect. Based on the author s own current experience, it s about how we might die well and live well up to the very end of our physical existence. Combining personal stories with solid research on palliative and hospice care, this book identifies the decisions the dying one and his or her loved ones and friends must make. Unlike other books on dying, The Divine Art of Dying takes a broader approach than just a medical one. It is t a case book but rather a well integrated look at the divine art of living and dying to the fullest, that includes spiritual insights from many sources along with references from literature, movies, and current culture. Karen Speerstra is an award-winning author. Her previous Divine Arts title Sophia: The Feminine Face of God (ISBN: 978-1611250046) won the 2013 Nautilus gold award. Written in a very readable style, The Divine Art Of Dying addresses real and common fears and the challenges of letting go and handing over a life. The book introduces new concepts to the body of writing on death and dying. It explains the medical complexities of end-of-life choices and gives helpful advice to caregivers to the dying in every chapter. and authentically chronicles the author s own dying process. Foreword by author and internationally recognized authority on hospice and palliative care Dr. Ira Byock.
- Author BiographyKaren Speerstra was a writer, editor, and the author of ten books, including the Nautilus gold medal winner, Sophia: the Feminine Face of God. She died in 2013 shortly after completing the manuscript for The Divine Art of Dying. Herbert Anderson has been a pastor, a seminary professor, and a hospital chaplain and is the author or coauthor of numerous books and articles on death and grief, family living, pastoral care, ritual and stories, and spirituality. He lives in Sonoma, CA. Dr. Ira Byock is one of the foremost palliative-care physicians in the country and an expert in end of life decisions. His book Dying Well has sold over 50,000 copies. He served as the president of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and is currently the director of Palliative Medicine at Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center. He lives in Enfield, NH.
- Author(s)Herbert Anderson,Karen Speerstra
- PublisherDivine Arts
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationStudio City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDivine Arts
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.