All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.38Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.25
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.28
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.07
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.65
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.37
About this product
- DescriptionCooking can be intimidating to some of us, and if you are one of the millions of people who doubt your abilities in the kitchen, then you have picked the right book. This book contains simple recipes that yield outstanding results. This book is number one in the beginning of a series of several cookbooks I plan to write. Each book will include few eugh recipes that you should be able to make most of them in the course of a month, or if you prefer, you can make them throughout the year. Either way, your guests and/or family will never forget the amazing dishes you have created. All of the recipes in this book have been designed with the home cook in mind. All of the ingredients in these recipes are common and can be easily found at your local supermarket. The preparation of the ingredients requires only a basic kwledge of kitchen equipment and measurement. In addition, methods of preparation in this book range from beginner to intermediate.
- Author BiographyWriting this book has been a journey that has taken many years. Cooking has always been my life's passion. If it were not for my mother and my grandmother I would have never found my inspiration to become a chef. Since I was tall enough to reach the counter my mother and grandmother generously shared their love of food with me, by allowing me to take part in the creative process that is cooking. As my passion and hunger to make new things grew, I began watching a lot of public television cooking shows such as The Frugal Gourmet and Julia Child. These public television icons became my teachers and I became their willing student. I can remember my soul stirring when I would go out to eat with my family and I would hear the sounds of clanking dishes coming from the kitchen. Perhaps the most mesmerizing memory of all was the first time I saw flaming saganaki being presented to a table. I felt I was destined to be in the restaurant business. Starting out in the restaurant business meant enduring a lot of hard work to rise up through the ranks in the kitchen. My first job in a kitchen was as a dishwasher at The Strongbow Inn, located in Valparaiso, Indiana. From the moment I laid eyes on the kitchen line I knew that was where I wanted to be, in one form or another. For many years I journeyed to different restaurants across the country looking for the right fit, but was unable to find my place in the culinary world. My passion began to fade and I began looking for a different line of work. My journey took a turn and I started working as a waiter, bartender, and even a restaurant manager. After meeting a great woman who inspired me and challenged me to be the best I can be, having children, and finally settling down, I did some serious soul searching and came back to my senses. In 2007 I started a catering business, making salads, soups, sandwiches, pastas, and appetizers. With hard work and perseverance, my dream is that my small business will one day blossom into a full service restaurant.
- Author(s)Chef Christopher D Peters
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.