All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJourney through Infer, Purgatorio, and Paradiso in this stunning gift edition of Dante's epic poems. The next elegant edition in the Knickerbocker Classic series, The Divine Comedy is unabridged and complete, and comprised of all three sections of this epic trilogy by Dante Alighieri: Infer, Purgatorio, and Paradiso. For Dante fans worldwide, this stunning gift edition has a cloth binding, ribbon marker, and is packaged neatly in an elegant slipcase. Featuring a new introduction, the classic translation by the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), and over one hundred engravings by Gustave Dore, this volume of The Divine Comedy is an indispensable classic for every home library.
- Author BiographyDANTE ALIGHIERI (c. 1265-1321)was an Italian poet, writer, and political thinker. After studying at the University of Bologna, he married and had four children. Dante was exiled from his hometown of Florence in 1302 due to his political leanings, finally settling in the city of Ravenna in 1307, when he began writing The Divine Comedy. JOHN LOTHERINGTON has written widely on Renaissance literature and history. He is the editor and author of Years of Renewal: European History 1470-1600.
- Author(s)Dante Alighieri
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Weight1406 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Introduction byJohn Lotherington
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.