All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionContinuing the paperback edition of Charles S. Singleton's translation of The Divine Comedy, this work provides the English-speaking reader with everything he needs to read and understand the Paradiso. This volume consists of the prose translation of Giorgio Petrocchi's Italian text (which faces the translation on each page); its companion volume of commentary is a masterpiece of erudition, offering a wide range of information on such subjects as Dante's vocabulary, his characters, and the historical sources of incidents in the poem. Professor Singleton provides a clear and profound analysis of the poem's basic allegory, and the illustrations, diagrams, and map clarify points that have previously confused readers of The Divine Comedy.
- Author(s)Dante Alighieri
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/08/1991
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Divine Comedy S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3, Pt. 2
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight657 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Translated byCharles S. Singleton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.