Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Phyllis Tickle's marvelous devotional trilogy The Divine HoursTM appeared, readers responded with gratitude, praise, and a great many requests for an edition of hourly prayers that they could easily carry with them-an edition that would make this ancient form of Christian worship compatible with the pace and mobility of modern life. Now, in The Divine Hours Pocket EditionTM, Tickle has gathered one full week of fixed-hour prayers, providing an ideal companion for travellers, office-workers, people on retreat or pilgrimage, as well as newcomers to this age-old spiritual practice. As Tickle writes in her introduction, prayer is always a place as well as an action, and the daily offices are like small chapels or wayside stations within the day's courses. Seven of these daily offices are offered for each day of the week, and each office contains the Call to Prayer, the Request for Presence, the Greeting, the Reading, the Gloria, the Psalm, the Small Verse, the Lord's Prayer, the Petition, and the Final Thanksgiving. Tickle draws her texts primarily from the Book of Common Prayer and the writings of the Church Fathers, and includes memorable devotional and meditative poems by Cleland McAfee, Charles Wesley, Phos Hilaron, and others. Tickle also provides a chapter of Traditional, Seasonal, and Occasional Prayers in order to accommodate special dates like Advent, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving; major life-changes such as marriage, birth, death, and illness; and moments of special petition or thanksgiving. For all those who want to carry a small chapel of prayers with them, The Divine Hours Pocket EditionTM offers a convenient, easy-to-use, and deeply spiritual guide to a devotional practice that extends all the way back to Christ and the twelve Apostles.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Tickle, founding editor of the Religion Department at Publishers Weekly, is a highly respected authority on religion in America, frequently quoted in publications such as USA Today, Christian Science Monitor, and The New York Times as well as on PBS and NPR. She is the author of the best-selling Stories from The Farm in Lucy trilogy, including What the Land Already Knows, Wisdom in the Waiting, and The Graces We Remember, as well as The Divine HoursTM and most recently The Night Offices, from OUP. She lives in Millington, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Phyllis Tickle
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight230 g
- Width135 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementPocket edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.