All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by one of the great authorities on Catholic wisdom, this user friendly resource is designed as a general introduction to the 33 remarkable individuals who shaped the understanding of the Church's faith. After a brief account of the concept and development of the office of doctor ecclesiae , sketches of the lives and teachings of the influential doctors are presented in chrological order. A list of major translations of each doctor's writings for further reading is also included.
- Author BiographyBernard McGinn is one is of the greatest living authorities on Catholic historical theology. The Naomi Shenstone Donnelly Professor (Emeritus) of historical theology and history of Christianity at the University of Chicago, McGinn holds a Ph.D. from Brandeis University and an S.T.L. from the Pontifical Gregorian University. McGinn has lectured on and written extensively about the history of apocalyptic thought and recently has focused his attention on the fields of spirituality and mysticism. His current long-range project is a seven-volume history of Christian mysticism in the West called The Presence of God.
- Author(s)Bernard McGinn
- PublisherCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.