All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever met people who think their dog is sooo wonderful? They talk about little Princess or Fido ALL the time. You wonder if they secretly think their dog is...a kid! Well, if you think they're weird, you haven't met Mr. and Mrs. McVitie. The McVities love their dog Judy so much, they long ago forgot that she's t human. They let her sleep between them in the bed, they sew little outfits for her, they take her photo at every opportunity. One day, they dress her up and send her to kindergarten. The McVities even have a birthday party for Judy and invite all the kids and their parents. Are the McVities out of their minds? the parents wonder. Do these people think this dog is a kid? At the party, they soon find out exactly what the McVities think--and it's even worse than they imagined: the McVities want Judy to blow out the candles! Judy saves the day with a birthday wish that changes their lives forever, and finally helps the McVities face reality. (Well, sort of).Simon Black teaches in the English department at Cal State LA. He is currently a writer on the animated show Chico and Guapo, which debuts in October on MTV2 and features two Lati characters trying to make it in the music business. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, two kids and dog named Judy.Mexican artist Horio Robledo illustrated El Cucuy, Nico Visits the Moon, and Super Cilantro Girl.
- Author BiographySimon Black teaches in the English Department at Cal State LA. He is a writer on the animated show Chico and Guapo, which debuts in October on MTV2. He has published two novels--Me and Kev, and The Book of Frank--the latter was made into a short movie starring John C. Reilly. He lives in LA with his wife, two kids and dog named Judy. Artist and musician Honorio Robledo has done two books with Cinco Puntos: El Cucuy and Nico Visits the Moon, and a book with Children's Book Press. He and his wife Luana recently moved to Mexico so their children could grow up barefoot.
- Author(s)Simon Black
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width227 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Honorio Robledo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.