Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dog Healers is truly inspiring and touches the reader on many levels. It's a dramatic vel that grabs you from the start. Communicating a stunning spiritual message that's wrapped into an adventure story, with a colorful cast of both two- and four-legged characters. This harrowing tale of love, loyalty, and enduring bonds between animals and people brings readers to a bustling South American metropolis, fertile valleys, family vineyards and majestic mountains. We move through these setting seamlessly following first Isabella, then her love Carlos, and often we discover the dogs they connect with are magical. As the skillfully healers trained in the art of Kum Nye, a practice of Tibetan dog healing, come together to create an extraordinary center to protect the canines they cherish. The journey--as well as the project--is fraught with intrigue, bad actors, danger and strife, but through it all Isabella pushes the boundaries of her bond with people and animals to see her dream come to fruition to save and connect with as many animals as she can. Nothing short of a catastrophic accident will deter her destiny in life. In the end, we learn the dogs are the true healers that lift our spirits and touch us in ways that modern medicine can't.
- Author BiographyMark Winik an avid dog lover. Winik lives in Short Beach Connecticut with his wife Norma and their two dogs, Paco a Wheaten Terrier and Chickie a Whoodle. The Winiks founded the first community dog park on the shoreline of Connecticut in Branford. On a visit to Buenos Aires, his wife's home city, Mark discover Carlos DeMarco, aka The Dog Healer. Such a profound experience inspired Mark to write this incredible story. His connection to Argentina, his wife's home country is unmistakable as he mixes in the cuisine, the landscape and the warmth of the Argentine people- right down to the expressive way of speaking with their hands and their love for dogs. Winik co-wrote the Screenplay 7 and 1/2 Shrinks and was creator of a treatment for television program that aired for multiple years around the world.
- Author(s)Mark Winik
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.