All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe middle of the Arizona Desert: a glitch has been found in the space probe to Mars. Someone has forgotten to provide eugh room for a human and they quickly need to find a creature small eugh to fit in the space vehicle. Jamie, with his posh English accent and quirky ideas, may have the solution: a dog. But t just any dog - the wirehaired terrier Pepsi, trained (in her spare time) by Jamie's mother back in England. Will Jamie's outlandish scheme work? Can Pepsi be trained in time? And once he gets to Mars, what will he find? All will be revealed in this imaginative and light-hearted tale for children.
- Author BiographyChris Hawe was born at the end of World War II in the South West of England. She left home when she married and produced her son in the mid-1960s and travelled to Singapore with her husband where she lived until 1969. In 2006 her husband died and sometime later she moved to the Scottish Highlands. She now lives and writes beside beautiful Loch Awe in Argyllshire. She first started writing stories for her friends when she was nine years old. Encouraged by her English teacher she submitted one to a national newspaper and came second in a competition. It was only when her husband became ill that she started writing more seriously. The children's stories started when she was looking after four of her grandchildren while her daughter-in-law was completing her police training. To entertain them she would write a chapter then in age order they had to write another few pages. And very scary stories some of them were!
- Author(s)Christine Hawe
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.