All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church needs a blast of Dominican fresh air. The book points to the quality of that fresh air. It is introduced by Timothy Radcliffe. At a time when the Roman Catholic Church is deep in the mire of corruption and crisis, it is in need of a blast of Dominican fresh air. The Dominican order consists of friars, nuns and a growing number of lay people. All these categories of human being are represented in this book. Also represented in the chapters are intellectuals, artists, social and political revolutionaries and Vatican officials. The influence of members of the Order is widespread and thanks to the recent leadership of Timothy Radcliffe and the continuing rediscovery of the charism of St Dominic, this religious order is ideally placed to help to revive the life of the Catholic Church today. This is a revival which is most sorely needed. St Dominic founded his order in an inn (pub). The motto of the Order is one single word- Veritas/Truth.
- Author BiographyTimothy Radcliffe was Master of The Dominican Order. He is the winner of the 2007 Michael Ramsey prize for theological writing for his book What is the Point of Being a Christian? He was the author of The Archbishop of Canterbury's 2009 Lent Book Why Go to Church? He lives in Oxford but spends much of his year giving retreats, lectures and conference key-note addresses in the UK and overseas. Lucette Verboven is a Flemish writer and film producer. She has produced a number of major television series for Flemish/Dutch television and is the author of a bestselling book Pelgrim in tet Leven which includes a chapter on Timothy Radcliffe.
- Author(s)Lucette Verboven,Timothy Radcliffe
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.