All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNone strikes the te of cosmic horror as well as Clark Ashton Smith. In sheer daemonic strangeness and fertility of conception, Smith is perhaps unexcelled by any other writer. H. P. Lovecraft Clark Ashton Smith, considered one of the greatest contributors to seminal pulp magazines such as Weird Tales, helped define and shape weird fiction in the early twentieth century, alongside contemporaries H.P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard, drawing upon his background in poetry to convey an unparalleled richness of imagination and expression in his stories of the bizarre and fantastical. The Collected Fantasies series presents all of Smith s fiction chrologically. Authorized by the author s estate and endorsed by Arkham House, the stories in this series are accompanied by detailed background tes from editors Scott Conrs and Ron Hilger, who in preparation for this collection meticulously compared original manuscripts, various typescripts, published editions, and Smith s own tes and letters. Their efforts have resulted in the most definitive and complete collection of the author s work to date. The Door to Saturn is the second of five volumes collecting all of Clark Ashton Smith s tales of fantasy, horror, and science fiction. It includes all of his stories from The Door to Saturn (1930) to The Hunters from Beyond (1931), as well as an introduction by Tim Powers. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyClark Ashton Smith was a self-educated poet and author best remembered for his short stories of fantasy, horror, and the supernatural published in genre pulp magazines such as Wonder Stories and Weird Tales in the late 1920s and 1930s. Smith died in 1961 in California.
- Author(s)Clark Ashton Smith
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication19/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleCollected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.