All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRebecca Rupp's magical tale . . . radiates a glow as golden as the dragon's scales. BOSTON SUNDAY GLOBE Hannah, Zachary, and Sarah Emily are spending the summer at their great-aunt Mehitabel's house on faraway Lonely Island. There, in a cave hidden high above the ocean, they discover a fabulous creature: a glittering three-headed golden dragon with a kind heart, an unpredictable temper, and a memory that spans 20,000 years. Transported by the magic of the dragon's stories, the children meet Mei-lan, a young girl in ancient China; nineteenth-century cabin boy Jamie Pritchett; and, in more recent times, Hitty and her brother, Will, who survive a frightening plane crash on a desert island. In this fluidly written vel, Rebecca Rupp explores what three children from the present learn from the past - and from an unlikely but wise and generous friend.
- Author BiographyRebecca Rupp lives in Vermont with her husband and three sons, three cats, and a large garden full of heirloom tomatoes. Of THE DRAGON OF LONELY ISLAND, she says, We once had an invisible pet dragon named Petunia, plus did an awful lot of childhood reading.
- Author(s)Rebecca Rupp
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDragon of Lonely Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $27.15Trending at AU $28.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.