Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReviewers exhaust superlatives when it comes to the science fiction of Peter F. Hamilton. His complex and engaging vels, which span thousands of years and light-years are as intellectually stimulating as they are emotionally fulfilling. Now, with The Dreaming Void, the first volume in a trilogy set in the same far-future as his acclaimed Commonwealth saga, Hamilton has created ather ambitious and gripping space epic. The year is 3589, fifteen hundred years after Commonwealth forces barely staved off human extinction in a war against the alien Prime. Now an even greater danger has surfaced: a threat to the existence of the universe itself. At the very heart of the galaxy is the Void, a self-contained microuniverse that cant be breached, cant be destroyed, and cant be stopped as it steadily expands in all directions, consuming everything in its path: planets, stars, civilizations. The Void has existed for untold millions of years. Even the oldest and most techlogically advanced of the galaxy s sentient races, the Raiel, do t kw its origin, its makers, or its purpose. But then Inigo, an astrophysicist studying the Void, begins dreaming of human beings who live within it. Inigo s dreams reveal a world in which thoughts become actions and dreams become reality. Inside the Void, Inigo sees paradise. Thanks to the gaiafield, a neural entanglement wired into most humans, Inigo s dreams are shared by hundreds of millions and a religion, the Living Dream, is born, with Inigo as its prophet. But then he vanishes. Suddenly there is a new wave of dreams. Dreams broadcast by an unkwn Second Dreamer serve as the inspiration for a massive Pilgrimage into the Void. But there is a chance that by attempting to enter the Void, the pilgrims will trigger a catastrophic expansion, an accelerated devourment phase that will swallow up thousands of worlds. And thus begins a desperate race to find Inigo and the mysterious Second Dreamer. Some seek to prevent the Pilgrimage; others to speed its progress while within the Void, a supreme entity has turned its gaze, for the first time, outward. . . . From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyPeter F. Hamilton is the author of numerous short stories and novels, including Judas Unchained, Pandora s Star, Fallen Dragon, and the acclaimed epic Night s Dawn trilogy (The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist, and The Naked God). He lives with his family in England. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Peter F Hamilton
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleVoid Trilogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight277 g
- Width107 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.01Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.