All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough 100 groundbreaking dresses, The History of Fashion in 100 Dresses traces the past and present influences and reinterpretations in clothing design. From the Victorian criline to Vivienne Westwood's mini-crini of 1985, from Herve Leger's 1985 bandage dress to Christopher Kane's 2006 neon version, each landmark dress gives examples of how fashion ideas have been reborn and referenced throughout time by designers. By making connections between designers and across decades, the book allows the reader to discover the breadth of influence in this field, the magic of inspired originality from fashion designers and an overview of fashion history. From beaded and bias-cut to frou-frou to corseted, Chanel to Yves Saint Laurent, laced to bustled, each dress tells a fashion story through anecdotes and analysis, with historic and cross-cultural references, beautiful imagery, and immaculate referencing.
- Author BiographyMarnie Fogg is a fashion expert, lecturer, media consultant and best-selling author. Among her books are Print in Fashion, Vintage Handbags, When Fashion Really Works and The Fashion Swatch Book. She lives in Derbyshire.
- Author(s)Marnie Fogg
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note220 images
- Weight1383 g
- Width236 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.