All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, leading CEOs, CIOs and experts from international corporations explore the role of digitalization and cloud-based processes as the main business drivers of the 21st century. Focusing on how to get started with digitalization and how to handle the techlogies involved, they employ analyses and practical case studies to demonstrate how to unleash the potential offered by the cloud, and how to achieve the most critical success factors - quality and security - through the right partnerships. Readers will discover why the cloud will soon take over the driver's seat in cars, and why Heineken CIO Anne Teague claims that invation is impossible without high-quality IT. The book reveals what IT managers can learn from Silicon Valley and China today, and why Deutsche Telekom CEO Tim Hoettges believes Europe's future depends on successful digitalization. In a closing strategic assessment, the editor Ferri Abolhassan presents the cloud as the essential backbone of digitalization. In short, the book provides readers the first comprehensive, high-level assessment of cloud-based digital transformation in the era of Industry 4.0.
- Author BiographyDr. Ferri Abolhassan is a member of the T-Systems Board of Management, responsible for the IT Division and Telekom Security. From 1985 to 1988, Dr. Ferri Abolhassan completed a bachelor's degree in computer science at Saarland University in Saarbrucken, Germany. After graduating, he worked at Siemens and IBM prior to completing his doctorate in 1992. He held various senior positions at SAP and IDS Scheer, before joining T-Systems in September 2008 as Head of Systems Integration and a member of the Board of Management. In late 2010, Abolhassan took on the role of Head of Production, before becoming Director of Delivery in 2013. In January 2015, Abolhassan was appointed Director of the T-Systems IT Division, with responsibility for approximately 30,000 employees and some 6,000 customers. Moreover, to address new IT imperatives, Deutsche Telekom has created an organizational unit for security solutions, to be headed up by Abolhassan. The new business will combine all of Deutsche Telekom's security activities, and will market its cyber security offerings.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 15 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight375 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byFerri Abolhassan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.