All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a drop of water, told by a gifted science writer and illustrated with remarkable paintings. Meredith Hooper takes us back thousands of years to see where the Earth's water came from, and how life began in the oceans and later moved onto land. She describes the water cycle, the relationship between water and living things and between water and erosion. She also discusses important environmental issues and provides a fascinating collection of water facts.
- Author BiographyChris Coady trained in Illustration at Manchester Polytechnic. A freelance illustrator of children's books, he has also worked for design groups in Manchester and London. Meredith Hooper was born in Australia. An Antarctic specialist, she has made several research trips to the continent. In 2000 she was awarded the Antarctica Medal by the US Congress. Her books for Frances Lincoln include The Pebble in my Pocket, which is the only children's book ever to be shortlisted for the Dingle History of Science Book Award.
- Author(s)Meredith Hooper
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width270 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Coady
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.