All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Drowning of a Seaside City tells the story of Bridgeport, Connecticut's ride to bankruptcy. It explains how the fiscal neglect and denial went on, and on. How there were giveaways one year, and denial the next year. Except for Mayors Tom Bucci and Mary Moran, other leaders would divulge the financial problems, and when Bucci and Moran did - it was almost too late. Many believe the problems are w solved, but that is too far from the truth. You will understand how Bridgeport, and other cities and towns w experiencing the same dilemma, cant possibly be okay. These municipalities will suffer until steps are taken to relieve them of their financial burdens.
- Author BiographySarah R. Burns was born and raised in Bridgeport, and graduated from Bridgeport's Bullard Havens Tech with a major in Home Economics. She spent over 35 years in corporate America as an Information Technology and Operations professional, and worked for GE, Black & Decker, City of Bridgeport, Drake Beam Morin, and IBM. Her undergraduate degree is in business from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut. Sarah worked for the City of Bridgeport under Mayor Mary Moran from 1990-1992 as Director of MICS (now referred to as IT) automating and professionalizing many city departments and training personnel. She reduced the IT budget significantly, using capital bond money to purchase much needed, updated equipment, and seriously increased productivity by installing new systems. Sarah has also published a children's book ( My Chapter Book - Jake's Adventures ), and a spiritual healing book ( Spiritual Healing 101 ). Sarah has a business consulting and life coaching practice in Brookfield, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Sarah R Burns
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.