The Drucker Lectures: Essential Lessons on Management, Society and Economy by Rick Wartzman, Peter Ferdinand Drucker (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreviously unpublished talks from the Father of Modern Management Throughout his professional life, Peter F. Drucker inspired millions of business leaders t only through his famous writings but also through his lectures and keytes. These speeches contained some of his most valuable insights, but had never been published in book form-until w. The Drucker Lectures features more than 30 talks from one of management's most important figures. Drawn from the Drucker Archives at the Drucker Institute at Claremont Graduate University, the lectures showcase Drucker's wisdom, wit, profundity, and prescience on such topics as: Politics and ecomics of the environment Kwledge workers and the Kwledge Society Computer and information literacy Managing nprofit organizations Globalization During his life, Drucker well understood that over the last 150 years the world had become a society of large institutions-and that they would only become larger and more powerful. He contended that unless these institutions were effectively managed and ethically led, the good health of society as a whole would be in peril. His prediction is unfolding before our eyes. The Drucker Lectures is a timely, instructive book proving that responsible behavior and good business can, in fact, exist hand in hand. Praise for The Drucker Lectures Peter Drucker shined a light in a dark and chaotic world, and his wordsremain as relevant today as when he first spoke them. Drucker's lecturesand thoughts deserve to be considered by every person of responsibility,w, tomorrow, ten years from w, fifty, and a hundred. -Jim Collins, author of Good to Greatand How the Mighty Fall Rick Wartzman has brought Peter Drucker alive again, and vividly so,in his own words. These samples of his talks and lectures, because theywere spoken t written, will be new to almost all of us. A great andunexpectedtreat. -Charles Handy, author ofMyself and Other More Important Matters Peter Drucker's ideas continue to resonate powerfully today. Hislectureson effectiveness, invation, the social sector, education and so muchmore provide fresh insights that extend beyond his other writings andprovide lessons for us all. This book is a gem. -Wendy Kopp, CEO and founder of Teach for America Rick Wartzman has performed a great service in pulling together TheDrucker Lectures. The collection is as far-ranging as Drucker's thinkingandwriting. If you have sampled Drucker before, you will find things youhaven'tseen. Peter's ideas live on. You will be energized by reading themanew. -Paul O'Neill, former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Peter Drucker inspires awe. From the 1940s until his death a few yearsago, he displayed a combination of insight, prescience, and productivitythat few will ever match. This superbly edited collection captures boththerange of Drucker's thinking and the sweep of history that informed it.TheDrucker Lectures is a riveting read that reveals the depth and subtletyofone of America's most remarkable minds. -Daniel H. Pink, author ofA Whole New Mind and Drive Rick Wartzman really has brought Peter to life in The Drucker Lectures.Reading this book, I practically felt as though I were seated in theaudience,listening to my friend and hero, Peter Drucker-truly one of thegreat geniuses of management. These lectures are as vital today as theywere when Peter delivered them. They cover significant territory, fromtheimportance of faith and the individual to the rise of the globalecomy.It's a classic collection that belongs on every manager's bookshelf. -Ken Blanchard, coauthor ofThe One Minute Manager and Leading at a Higher Level Thank you, Rick Wartzman, for the pleasure of learning from the witty,informal Peter Drucker as his ideas unfold and his remarkable mindgrappleswith challenges of management that are still with us today. -Rosabeth Moss Kanter,Harvard Business School Professorand author of Confidence and SuperCorp:How Vanguard Companies Create
- Author BiographyRick Wartzman is executive director of the Drucker Institute at Claremont Graduate University. By advancing the teachings of the late Peter F. Drucker, the Institute seeks to stimulate effective management and ethical leadership across all sectors of society. Wartzman is also a columnist for BusinessWeek online. His most recent book, Obscene in the Extreme: The Burning and Banning of John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath, was picked as a Borders Original Voices selection and named by the Los Angeles Times as one of its 25 favorite nonfiction books of the year. It was also a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize in history. Wartzman is the co-author, with Mark Arax, of the bestseller The King of California: J.G. Boswell and the Making of a Secret American Empire, which was selected as one of the 10 best books of 2003 by the San Francisco Chronicle and one of the 10 best nonfiction books of the year by the Los Angeles Times. It also won, among other honors, a California Book Award and the William Saroyan International Prize for Writing.
- Author(s)Peter Ferdinand Drucker,Rick Wartzman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight554 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.