All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Quick Guide covers a number of aspects of drug assessment at drug discovery and development stages, topics such as pharmacokinetics, absorption, metabolism, enzyme kinetics, drug transporters, drug interactions, drug-like properties, assays and in silico calculations. It covers key concepts, with useful tables on physiological parameters (eg. blood flow to organs in x-species, expression and localization of enzymes and transporters), chemical structure, menclature, and moieties leading to bioactivation (with examples). Overall it includes a number of key topics useful at the drug discovery stage, which would serve as a quick reference with several examples from the literature to illustrate the concept.
- Author BiographyDr. Siamak Cyrus Khojasteh received his BS from University of California at Berkeley and his PhD from University of Washington in Medicinal Chemistry under the direction of Dr. Sidney D. Nelson. Dr. Khojasteh leads the Metabolism efforts at Genentech (South San Francisco) and leads a team of about 20 scientists and prior to that he was a Senior Research Scientist at Pfizer (Groton, CT). His research interest is mechanism of biotransformation particularly with formation of reactive metabolites by P450 or non-P450 enzymes. Harvey Wong graduated from the University of British Columbia with a Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics. Following graduation, he worked at the DuPont Pharmaceutics Company followed by Bristol-Myers Squibb in the area of Neuroscience Drug Discovery. Currently, Harvey is a Senior Scientist in the Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics at Genentech, Inc. working in the areas of oncology and immunology. He is involved in pharmacokinetic modeling and defining preclinical PK-PD relationships for drug candidates in both therapeutic areas. Harvey has published over 70 publications and abstracts. Dr. Cornelis E.C.A. Hop is supervising the Small Molecule Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics Department at Genentech (South San Francisco) and leads a team of about 55 scientists involved in acquisition and interpretation of ADME data in support of drug discovery and development. Before that he was a senior director at Pfizer (Groton, CT) and a Senior Research Fellow at Merck (Rahway, NJ). Dr. Hop has extensive experience in ADME sciences and biotransformation, PK prediction and bioanalysis in particular. He has authored more than 100 publications in refereed journals and several book chapters and made more than 50 external oral presentations at conferences and universities.
- Author(s)Cornelis E.C.A. Hop,Cyrus Khojasteh,Harvey Wong
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.