The Drum Handbook: Buying, Maintaining and Getting the Best from Your Drum Kit by Geoff Nicholls (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a complete, authoritative reference book for the drummer - and one that will prove as valuable to the aspiring player as it will to the most seasoned pro. The main portion of the book deals with the drums, cymbals and hardware that make up the modern drum kit. Basic questions are considered: what is a drum kit, and why do you want to play it? Drummers are advised on what to look for, the realities of buying a kit, and how to set it up properly and effectively. A further section deals with tuning, drum heads and sticks. Tuning is the key to making a drum kit sound good as a self-contained whole, and the subject often confuses. Here, as in all other areas, The Drum Handbook demystifies and explains exactly what to do and why to do it, in clear, simple language. Other considerations such as resonance, damping, the effect of drum-shells and the differing needs of live and studio complete a valuable resource. The last major section deals with recording and miking-up the drum kit, with studio tips from pros and an honest analysis of the role of drums in modern recording. Also included: maintenance, cleaning, revation and repairs; the classic and vintage drum markets; the story of the drum kit, its great players, and how they influence kit design; how kits were made, and how they are made w; why cheap gear is cheap and expensive kit expensive; getting drum tuition; treating common drummers' ailments; recommended listening; the changing face of drums and drumming; what the future might bring; and an illustrated glossary. The Drum Handbook is a sourcebook for solving drumming problems that will increase the reader's kwledge and understanding, and provides the definitive companion for the modern drummer.
- Author BiographyGeoff Nicholls is a professional writer and musician. He is the author of The Drum Book, the only full history of the drum kit. He wrote the award-winning BBC radio series Byte The Music, and contributes to many publications from Rhythm and Modern Drummer to The Independent newspaper. He was the drummer/presenter on BBC TV's Rockschool series, presented the Virgin video How To Play Drums, and wrote the acclaimed Rock Drum Method for Boosey & Hawkes. Nicholls lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Geoff Nicholls
- PublisherBackbeat Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content Note150 b&w photographs
- Weight610 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.