All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1965, UQP first published Ian Fairweather's The Drunken Buddha. His iconic translation of an ancient Chinese vel, illustrated with his paintings, was praised by scholars and readers alike. Fairweather was fascintated by Chinese calligraphy and possessed great kwledge of popular Buddhism; his translation retains the spirit of both the original work and popular Chinese literature in general. This new edition celebrates Fairweather's creative legacy; and the classic tale of Buddhist monk Chi-Tien, often drunk and irreverent but netheless considered a saint, continues to resonate.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight896 g
- Width221 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ian Fairweather
- Translated byIan Fairweather
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement50th anniversary e.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.