All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth, along with her younger brother, Lawrence, is a virtual slave living on a farm owned by the Forsythes. She depends upon Charles Forsythe, her cruel master, for everything. He extends his hold over her by raping her and as a result she becomes pregnant. It is while she is in hospital giving birth that she glimpses a life that is possible beyond her miserable existence, mainly because of the kindness shown to her by a young white male nurse. Elizabeth has thing, and even the child, whom she has named Jordan after the young nurse, is taken from her by the Forsythes who rename her. Her only hope is Charles' mother, a kind lady who visits occasionally from England. Over time she realises the state of affairs and attempts to right the wrongs done to Elizabeth and her brother. But Elizabeth is t free. A chance meeting with the nurse, w a doctor, again gives her a glimpse of a different kind of life, but a different fear holds her back. Will she ever be free and happy?
- Author(s)Tumelo Moleleki
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.