All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA breathless pageturner...A secret on every page The New York Times You will feel the heat, taste the dust and blink into the glare. The Dry is a wonderful crime vel that shines a light into the darkest corner of a sunburnt country. Michael Robotham One of the most stunning debuts I've ever read ...Read it! David Baldacci WHO REALLY KILLED THE HADLER FAMILY? Luke Hadler turns a gun on his wife and child, then himself. The farming community of Kiewarra is facing life and death choices daily. If one of their own broke under the strain, well ...When Federal Police investigator Aaron Falk returns to Kiewarra for the funerals, he is loath to confront the people who rejected him twenty years earlier. But when his investigative skills are called on, the facts of the Hadler case start to make him doubt this murder-suicide charge. And as Falk probes deeper into the killings, old wounds are reopened. For Falk and his childhood friend Luke shared a secret ...A secret Falk thought long-buried ...A secret which Luke's death starts to bring to the surface ...M ORE PRAISE FOR THE DRY a suspenseful tale of sound and fury as riveting as it is horrific Publishers Weekly (US) Every so often a debut vel arrives that is so tightly woven and compelling it seems the work of a velist in her prime. That's what Jane Harper has given us with The Dry, a story so true to setting and tone it seemed I fell asleep in Virginia only to wake in Australian heat. John Hart, New York Times bestselling author of Redemption Road It's extremely rare and exciting to read a debut that enthralls from the very first page and then absolutely sticks the landing. Told with heart and guts and an authentic sense of place that simply cant be faked, The Dry is the debut of the year. C.J. Box, #1 New York Times Bestselling author of Off The Grid Australian author Harper's debut is a stunner. Recommend this one to fans of James Lee Burke and Robert Crais... Booklist Winner of the 2015 Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript
- Author BiographyJane Harper has worked as a print journalist for thirteen years both in Australia and the UK. Winner of the Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript, The Dry is her first novel with rights sold to over twenty territories. Jane lives in Melbourne.
- PrizesLong-listed for Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Awards: Debut Fiction 2017.
- Author(s)Jane Harper
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Weight437 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.