All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a practical demonstration of the relevance of Carl Schmitt's thought to parapolitical studies, arguing that his constitutional theory is the one best suited to investing the 'deep state' with intellectual and doctrinal coherence. Critiquing Schmitt's work from a variety of intellectual perspectives, the chapters discuss current parapolitical reality within the domain of crimilogy, the parapolitical nature of both the dual state and the national security state corporate complex. Using the USA as a prime example of the world's current dual or 'deep political state', the crimigenic dimensions of the parapolitical systems of post 9/11 America are discussed. Using case studies, the dual state is examined as the causal factor of inexplicable parapolitical events within both the developed and developing world, including Sweden, Canada, Italy, Turkey, and Africa.
- Author BiographyEric Wilson is senior lecturer of public international law at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. He is editor of Government of the Shadows: Parapolitics and Criminal Sovereignty (Pluto Press, 2009). He is also the author of The Savage Republic: De Indis of Hugo Grotius, Republicanism, and Dutch Hegemony in the Early Modern World-System (c.1600-1619) (Marinus Nijhoff Press, 2008). His primary research interests are the philosophy and history of public international law, critical jurisprudence, and critical criminology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleInternational and Comparative Criminal Justice
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEric Wilson
- Series Edited byProfessor Mark Findlay,Professor Ralph Henham
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.