All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSex, intrigue and adultery in the world of high politics and huge wealth in late eighteenth-century England. Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire was one of the most flamboyant and influential women of the eighteenth century. The great-great-great-great aunt of Diana, Princess of Wales, she was variously a compulsive gambler, a political savante and operator of the highest order, a drug addict, an adulteress and the darling of the common people. This authoritative, utterly absorbing book presents a mesmerizing picture of a fascinating world of political and sexual intrigues, grand houses, huge parties, glamour and great wealth - always on the edge of being squandered by the excesses and scandals of individuals.
- Author BiographyAmanda Foreman was born in London in 1968. She was educated at Sarah Lawrence College and Columbia University in New York, before receiving her doctorate in 18th Century British History from Oxford University. She is married with five children. Since 2005 she has a been a Visiting Fellow at Queen Mary College, London University.
- Author(s)Amanda Foreman
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight172 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Read byFiona Shaw
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time183
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.16New
- AU $18.16New
- AU $31.48New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $33.84
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $51.05
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.18
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.64
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $36.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.