All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionJeff Bridges is one of the world's most popular actors and his unforgettable performance as The Dude in Coen Brothers film, The Big Lebowski , made him a cult hero. His remarkable career as an actor, performer and songwriter has brought him an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Critics Choice award. Away from the spotlight, Bridges is a dedicated practitioner of Zen Buddhism and for more than a decade has been close friends with Zen leader Bernie Glassman. It is Glassman who has helped guide Bridges' lessons on the path to enlightenment and the two have spent many hours discussing life, love, the movies, creativity, happiness and death. With wit, charm and profound insight, Bridges and Glassman discover the Zen in iconic scenes and lines from The Big Lebowski . With honesty and humour, Bridges explores how his Zen practice and his life experience inform one ather as he discusses his loving relationship with his parents, his marriage, his highly successful career and his warm connection with his fans.
- Author BiographyJeff Bridges is an Oscar-winning actor, performer, songwriter and photographer. He has appeared in more than 70 films, including The Big Lebowski, Crazy Heart, True Grit, Iron Man, Seabiscuit, The Fabulous Baker Boys and The Last Picture Show. He is co-founder of the End Hunger Network and the national spokesman for Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign. Bernie Glassman founded the Zen Community of New York, which later became Zen Peacemakers, an international order of social activists. A longtime Zen teacher, he also founded the Greyston Mandala, a network of for-profits and not-for-profits creating jobs, housing and programmes to support infividuals and their families on the path to self-sufficiency.
- Author(s)Bernie Glassman,Jeff Bridges
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date06/07/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.