All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn more about the men who inspired Hamilton: The Musical in this fascinating look at the historical friends turned revolutionary rivals! In curiously parallel lives, Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr were both orphaned at an early age. Both were brilliant students who attended college--one at Princeton, the other at Columbia--and studied law. Both were young staff officers under General George Washington, and both became war heroes. Politics beckoned them, and each served in the newly formed government of the fledgling nation. Why, then, did these two face each other at dawn in a duel that ended with death for one and harsh criticism for the other?Judith St. George's lively biography, told in alternating chapters, brings to life two complex men who played major roles in the formation of the United States.
- Author BiographyJudith St. George has published dozens of successful nonfiction books for children, including the Caldecott Medal-winning So You Want to Be President? and the historical Turning Point series, including You re On Your Way, Teddy Roosevelt ; Stand Tall, Abe Lincoln ; and Take the Lead, George Washington. You can visit her online at www.judithstgeorge.com.
- Author(s)Judith St George
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.