All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the genius of funnyman Bob Fenster, who brought you Duh!, They Did What!?, and Well, Duh!, comes ather in real-life idiocy. The Duh Awards hors the intellectually challenged and utterly inept. From historical explorers to politicians to celebrities to everyday people, one is spared from lampoon. Ever tice there seems to be an award show for just about everything? And that everyone who wins is rich, beautiful, and brilliant? Good-looking, intelligent winners are everywhere. The Duh Awards is for the rest of us. These awards are handed out to the t-so-smart, the underworked, the overpaid, the wacky, the weird, and the downright stupid. And it's about time! Chapters include such ridiculousness as: Boss of the Year and Other Slave Driver Awards; Champion Scoffers, Scorners, Insulters, and Other All-Star Wise Guys; and Only in Hollywood-The Anti-Oscars. Here are just a excerpts from this hilarious book: The Kw-a-Little, Talk-a-Lot Society presents the Anti-Expert Awards: In 1931 President Herbert Hoover somehow missed the impact of the Great Depression when he offered this solution: If someone could get off a good joke every ten days, I think our troubles would be over. Winning Mind Games: All-Star Shockers, Psych-Outs, and Gross Champs: During the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl, singer Justin Timberlake removed part of singer Janet Jackson's shirt to reveal one of her star breasts on national TV. This upset viewers who had tuned in to watch rapper Nelly grab his crotch. The Spin Awards for Fooling Most of the People Eugh of the Time: In 2003 Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld told the press: As we kw, there are kwn kwns; there are things we kw we kw. We also kw there are kwn unkwns; that is to say we kw there are some things we do t kw. But there are also unkwn unkwns--the ones we don't kw we don't kw. The Duh Awards celebrates the moments that some would rather we forget.
- Author BiographyBob Fenster is the author of Duh! The Stupid History of the Human Race, Twisted, Laugh Off, and They Did What!? as well as three novels, two puzzle books, and one play. His writing has appeared in the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, Reader's Digest, and the San Francisco Chronicle. He lives with his wife and three sons in Santa Cruz, Calif., when he's not touring his one-man show, The Stupid History of the Human Race.
- Author(s)Bob Fenster
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width128 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.