All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the dynamic macroecomic effects of public capital in industrialized countries. The issue of whether public capital is productive has received a great deal of recent attention. Yet, existing empirical analyses have been limited to a small set of countries. This book presents a new database that provides internationally comparable capital stock estimates for 22 OECD countries for the 1960-2001 period. Building on this database, the book estimates the dynamic effects of public capital using a variety of ecometric methods. The results suggest that public capital is productive in OECD countries on average. The theoretical analysis based on a dynamic general equilibrium model shows that the effects of public capital depend crucially on the way the government chooses to finance additional spending.
- Author BiographyPurpose and Scope of the Study.- New Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 22 OECD Countries, 1960 - 2001.- Empirical Evidence for OECD Countries: The VAR Approach.- Public Capital in Dynamic General Equilibrium.- Summary and Conclusion.
- Author(s)Christophe Kamps
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/12/2004
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleKieler Studien - Kiel Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.331
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight542 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.