All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionBased on courses for students of science, engineering, and systems science at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences at Winterthur, this text approaches the fundamentals of thermodynamics from the point of view of continuum physics. By describing physical processes in terms of the flow and balance of physical quantities, the author achieves a unified approach to hydraulics, electricity, mechanics and thermodynamics. In this way, it becomes clear that entropy is the fundamental property that is transported in thermal processes (i.e., heat), and that temperature is the corresponding potential. The resulting theory of the creation, flow, and balance of entropy provides the foundation of a dynamical theory of heat. This extensively revised and updated second edition includes new material on dynamical chemical processes, thermoelectricity, and explicit dynamical modeling of thermal and chemical processes. To make the book more useful for courses on thermodynamics and physical chemistry at different levels, coverage of topics is divided into introductory and more advanced and formal treatments. Previous kwledge of thermodynamics is t required, but the reader should be familiar with basic electricity, mechanics, and chemistry and should have some kwledge of elementary calculus. The special feature of the first edition -- the integration of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and chemical processes -- has been maintained and strengthened. Key Features: * First revised edition of a successful text/reference in fourteen years * More than 25 percent new material * Provides a unified approach to thermodynamics and heat transport in fundamental physical and chemical processes * Includes worked examples, questions, and problem sets for use as a teaching text or to test the reader's understanding * Includes many system dynamics models of laboratory experiments
- Author(s)Hans Fuchs
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note49 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1585 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.