All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul F. Diehl and Charlotte Ku's new framework for international law divides it into operating and rmative systems. The authors provide a theory of how these two systems interact, which explains how changes in one system precipitate changes and create capacity in the other. A punctuated equilibrium theory of system evolution, drawn from studies of biology and public policy studies, provides the basis for delineating the conditions for change and helps explain a pattern of international legal change that is often infrequent and sub-optimal, but still influential.
- Author BiographyPaul F. Diehl is Henning Larsen Professor of Political Science and University Distinguished Teacher/Scholar at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also serves as Director of the Correlates of War Project, the largest data-collection effort on international conflict in the world. His areas of expertise include the causes of war, UN peacekeeping, and international law. Charlotte Ku is Assistant Dean for Graduate and International Legal Studies at the University of Illinois College of Law, and Co-Director of the Center on Law and Globalization, a partnership of the American Bar Foundation and the University of Illinois College of Law. She has written and lectured widely about international law and global governance, international organisations and the teaching of international law.
- Author(s)Charlotte Ku,Paul F. Diehl
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.