All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must read for parents, educators, and people with dyslexia. -Gordon F. Sherman, Ph.D., Past-President International Dyslexia Association Did you kw that many successful architects, lawyers, engineers even bestselling velists had difficulties learning to read and write as children? In this groundbreaking book, Brock and Fernette Eide explain how 20% of people individuals with dyslexia share a unique learning style that can create advantages in a classroom, at a job, or at home. Using their combined expertise in neurology and education, the authors show how these individuals t only perceive the written word differently but may also excel at spatial reasoning, see insightful connections that others simply miss, understand the world in stories, and display amazing creativity. Blending personal stories with hard science, The Dyslexic Advantage provides invaluable advice on how parents, educators, and individuals with dyslexia can recognize and use the strengths of the dyslexic learning style in: material reasoning (used by architects and engineers); interconnected reasoning (scientists and designers), narrative reasoning (velists and lawyers); and dynamic reasoning (ecomists and entrepreneurs.) With prescriptive advice and inspiring testimonials, this paradigm-shifting book proves that dyslexia doesn t have to be a detriment, but can often become an asset for success.
- Author BiographyBrock L. Eide, M.D., M.A., and Fernette Eide, M.D., have an internationally respected and popular private practice based in Seattle, Washington, where they live with their children.
- Author(s)Brock L Eide,Fernette F Eide
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight236 g
- Width136 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.