All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe E-Medicine, E-Health, M-Health, Telemedicine, and Telehealth Handbook provides extensive coverage of modern telecommunication in the medical industry, from sensors on and within the body to electronic medical records and beyond. This two-volume set describes how information and communication techlogies, the internet, wireless networks, databases, and telemetry permit the transmission and control of information within and between medical centers. Featuring chapters written by leading experts and researchers in their respective fields, this authoritative handbook: * Explains how medical personnel use information and communication techlogies, sensors, techniques, hardware, and software * Discusses wireless data transmission, networks, databases, processing systems, and automatic data acquisition, reduction, and analysis * Serves the reference needs of a broad group of users-from advanced high school science students to healthcare and university professionals The first volume, Telemedicine and Electronic Medicine, addresses everything from cloud computing to teleoncology. The second volume, Telehealth and Mobile Heath, discusses topics ranging from telesurgery to biokinematics for mobility. Both volumes incorporate clinical applications throughout for practical reference. The E-Medicine, E-Health, M-Health, Telemedicine, and Telehealth Handbook bridges the gap between scientists, engineers, and medical professionals by creating synergy in the related fields of biomedical engineering, information and communication techlogy, business, and healthcare.
- Author BiographyHalit Eren received his B.Eng, M.Eng, and Ph.D degrees from the University of Sheffield, UK, and MBA from Curtin University. He has worked as an instrumentation engineer, and held positions of assistant professorship at Hacettepe University and the Middle East Technical University; associate professorship at Hong Kong Polytechnic University; visiting professorship at the University of Wisconsin; and visiting scholar at the University of Sheffield. Dr. Eren has been conducting research and teaching at Curtin University for more than 30 years. He currently holds an adjunct senior research fellowship at the university. Widely published, Dr. Eren is a senior member of the IEEE. John G. Webster received his BEE from Cornell University, and his MSEE and a Ph.D from the University of Rochester. Dr. Webster is currently professor emeritus of biomedical engineering at the University of Wisconsin. Previously, he was a highly cited researcher at King Abdulaziz University. Widely published, Dr. Webster is a fellow of the IEEE, ISA, AIMBE, BMES, and IOP. He has been a member of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Administrative Committee and the NIH Surgery and Bioengineering Study Section, and the recipient of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Career Achievement Award.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note474 black & white illustrations, 47 colour illustrations, 91 black & white tables
- Weight3946 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine89 mm
- Edited byHalit Eren,John G. Webster
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.